Friday 15 May 2015

New paintings....

In between doing a workshop in Holland and demos for art clubs I've also been working on some new paintings. This one was a little different to my usual stuff and a bit of a challenge as well.

On a recent trip to "The Gambia" I managed to collect lots of reference material and am eager to work from them, this one was taken at Serekunda Market. Sure bought you back to the real world when you see how some people live from day to day. This lady was selling soap powder for washing clothes, little bags of it. Each day the people go to the market to sell whatever they can make or acquire hoping to make enough to feed their families for that day.

There were lots of times along the way I wasn't sure it was going to work, it is true that it makes a difference if you work from your own reference, it has a different meaning to it . I think it all came together in the end.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails